This is my Nebraska …
- Where grain elevators and water towers dot the skyline in multiple directions
- Where little boys wave at you as you pass them riding next to their Daddies on a tractor
- Where Sunday drivers cause you to slow down and meander along country roads, rather than racing by
- Where you never meet a stranger; instead someone new is always a potential friend.
- Where produce stands featuring foods fresh from the farm are only a corner away.
- Where honking is often accompanied by a wave of recognition, rather than a glare.
- Where Sunday church meeting time is often a family reunion, (especially at country churches!)
- Where a main street cafe is the home of real-life chats, as opposed to those found via the internet.
- Where when the sun says “Good morning” and “Good Night,” the horizon is filled with breath-taking color.
- The place that I always want to call home.
This is my Nebraska. This is my nice.